“You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.” – Desmond Tutu


Here is a peek into the greatest gift I’ve been given ….my family!



Friday, July 15, 2011

Potty Training

We have been working on getting Brooks more comfortable with wanting to go on the potty for the past couple of weeks.  We knew it was time to really start working with him when he would tell us to change his diaper because he went #1 or #2. So every night when we would get home from daycare we would let Brooks run around bottomless and asked every so often if he needed to go potty. Of course we had a couple of accidents but it's pretty easy to clean up hardwood floors! My favorite thing Brooks would say when he had a little accident was, "Mommy, I spilled the pee on the floor!"
Well now I am happy to report that Brooks has been going on the potty several times a day for the last few days and he is soooo proud of himself. "I did it!" he says with this fabulous grin on his face. He's also been going at daycare and yesterday he stayed dry all morning and told Rachel every time he had to go. She sent me a text and I was so happy I teared up. I just can't believe how fast he's growing up. But I'm not going to lie, it's going to be AWESOME only having one kid in diapers!!! My mom was also excited and bought him some Yo Gabba Gabba undies. Of course we had to try them out last night since he had such a good day. He was running away from me as I was trying to take pictures (of course) but I snagged a few. "I got my undies on momma!"
 So proud of his big boy undies!
Bootie shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment