“You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.” – Desmond Tutu


Here is a peek into the greatest gift I’ve been given ….my family!



Monday, May 9, 2011

Picture Disaster!

Last Friday I tried to take the kids to get pictures taken at Target by myself. Well I certainly learned my lesson.....NEVER will I attempt that again. I thought I timed it well and fed Stella her bottle before we left thinking she'd be all content. Unfortunately when we got there and started with their "together" pictures, Stella started crying a few shots in. I tried to calm her down, but she wasn't having it. So I asked the photographer to just take some pictures of Brooks. Ugghhh, that didn't even work. Brooks wouldn't smile, he was making all of these weird faces and exploring the studio room. And on top of that, the photographer was horrible! She could not engage Brooks whatsoever and she kept calling him Brooke which drove me NUTS. I corrected her several times but she wasn't comprehending. Needless to say I stopped the session and left with no pictures and very frustrated! I had two previous experiences with Target photo studio and was pleased but now I'm second guessing attempting future pictures there.
I was really bummed because I wanted to get pictures of Stella before she gets too much older so my mom and I tried to take some at her house. It was pretty funny because she peed on both blankets we used so for that was glad that we were at my mom's house rather than the Target studio! They aren't professional but they're still adorable!!!!




2 comments: