“You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.” – Desmond Tutu


Here is a peek into the greatest gift I’ve been given ….my family!



Sunday, February 19, 2012

New Camera

I'm baaaack!!! So it's been over a month since my last post and I'm so sorry. January was a pretty crazy month. Nick hurt his back in mid-January and had a pretty significant disc herniation at L4-5. He was down for the count so I got a little taste of what life would be like as a single parent and I am so thankful to have him as my partner in crime!!! He ended up having an epidural steroid injection, which took most of his pain away and he has been on the mend ever since. He's basically back to normal but has avoided any heavy lifting per doctor's orders.
Also Nick turned 30 on 1/31 so I threw him a surprise party. It went perfectly as planned and he had no clue. It was probably one of the hardest things to do because I was sneaking around, making up fibs to throw him off, saving money to spend on food/beverages, etc. I was so happy it worked out because there were times I almost cancelled the party due to his back injury.  The party a few days after his injection and he had some pretty bad side effects (night sweats, insomnia, etc) so he didn't sleep AT ALL the night before the party. So after ice fishing all day with the boys (and drinking Schmidt...his favorite) and partying all night he doesn't recall most of the events that night but he remembers the surprise and knows he had a blast because he was a hurting unit the next day!
Well the title of this post is new camera because I dropped my camera the night of Nick's party. If you know me, this is like the third camera I've dropped/broken in the last 3 years....not a good track record. So what does the hubby do? He buys me an even more expensive camera (but it has a neck strap and he insists on me wearing it after only drinking one sip of alcohol, not really but you know what I mean). It's a Nikon COOLPIX P500 and has a great zoom and flash so of course I had to test it out this weekend. Here are some pics from our weekend with Nick's family. We had a great time and were able to see both his mom and dad's side of the family! And I'm posting quite a few pictures because it's been too long. Plus I think my kids are too adorable. Enjoy!
Stella showing off her two teeth!
Such a happy girl.
 Brooks' classic cheesy "cheese" face.

 Stella and her cousin Peyton.
 Mom, I'm going to play softball too!
Oh wait, maybe I'll just see if it tastes good first!

No comments:

Post a Comment