“You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.” – Desmond Tutu


Here is a peek into the greatest gift I’ve been given ….my family!



Thursday, February 24, 2011

Typcial Wednesday Nights

Nick has class on Wednesdays for his masters so Brooks and I get to spend quality time together. I picked him up from daycare yesterday shortly before 5pm.  I called him "hunny," so he felt the need to continue repeating me the whole way home.  I'd look in the rear view mirror and he'd make this scrunchy face and say "Hi hunny!" Little moments like that just melt my heart. When we got home I made a quick dinner and then he helped put the dishes away. (We'll see how long he offers to help with chores). After dinner we played for a while, mostly with his big trucks as they are his favorite toys right now.  I was trying to take some pictures of him but he was anti-camera and kept running away from me.
Here he is diving off the couch doing everything he could not to look at the camera.
So I finally bribed him with fruit snacks to get him to sit still! 
Tough guy with a scratch, not self-inflicted this time.
 
After snacks it was bath time, then reading time (last night the book of choice was If You Give a Cat a Cupcake and finally ending the night with singing Star and Peanut as Brooks calls them. (Twinkle Twinkle and A Peanut Sat on a Rail Road Track - a song my dad sang to us when we were little....Brooks loves it!) It's so crazy to think in four weeks or less (notice I am totally overlooking any chance of being over due) there will be three of us having quality time together on Wednesdays....can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment