“You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.” – Desmond Tutu


Here is a peek into the greatest gift I’ve been given ….my family!



Tuesday, October 4, 2011

OLIVIA!

Olivia Jolee LaMere was born on 10/3/11 at 5:44 a.m. weighing a whopping 8lbs 13oz and 21 1/2" long. I'm so excited to be an Auntie on this side of the family! My sister officially started having contractions on 10/2 at 6 a.m. and by 9:30 a.m. they were already 3 minutes apart. She was having pretty bad back labor, which I can totally sympathize with since I had it bad with Brooks.  So my mom brought Erich and Tara to the hospital and they learned she was dilated to a 6. She got her epidural shortly after I arrived around 11:30ish. And then we played the waiting game. It was pretty bizarre being on the other side....waiting, anxious, wanting to help but not being able to, etc. Once she received the epidural the progression slowed and it took her 4 hours just to get to 8cm. Then the doctor discovered Miss Olivia was not facing down so they tried everything they could to get her to turn. Tara was on her hands and knees for 45 minutes but low and behold....it worked. The only bummer was that she had a big head and Tara was only able to dilate to 9.5cm. Finally the doctor said they'd have to do a c-section, which Tara was super bummed about but after almost 24 hrs. of labor she was ready to meet her little girl. Erich was amazing throughout the whole process.  He was so concerned, anxious, exhausted, stressed prior to the birth but after Olivia was born his face could just light up the room.
Tara and Erich, you are going to be absolutely amazing parents. Olivia is certainly one lucky girl! I'm so proud of you both and am very thankful we'll be raising our kiddos together. Love you both!!!!
The proud daddy!
 Momma and her little lamb.
 Her cheeks are so yummy!
 So precious!
 Hey, what's going on out here???


No comments:

Post a Comment