First of all I am going to apologize for my lack of blog posts lately, but then again, give me a break....I just had a baby!!! Stella Jean arrived on her due date, 03/26/11 at 6:18 am. Weighing in at 8 lbs, 18.5 inches and precious as ever.
So here's the labor story. I went to the doctor on 3/24 and was dilated 3 c.m. We scheduled an induction date of 3/27 because my doctor was on call that day. Well low and behold, I started having contractions early Friday morning, 3/25. I just knew the minute I scheduled a delivery date, she would decide to come on her own. My contractions lasted all day long starting 30 minutes apart and gradually getting closer. My mom came over in the afternoon and brought Nick and I Chipotle for lunch. My sister called and wondered if Chipotle was a good idea considering I'd likely be pushing a baby out within the next 24 hours, but I didn't hesitate. It was spicy and delicious! After lunch my mom and I went to the mall to do some walking with the hope of encouraging stronger contractions. Finally about 7 pm that night my contractions were about 8-13 minutes apart and getting more intense. Luckily Nick's parents came up from Austin and came over to stay with Brooks when we headed to the hospital around 10:30 pm. When we got to the hospital I was dilated 5 cm and got my epidural shortly after. Then it was "rest" time until I was dilated 10 cm. Nick and I tried to sleep but the nurse was obviously coming in every 45 minutes or so to check my status so I didn't get much sleep. Around 6 am it was time to push (and don't worry, the Chipotle didn't backfire on me, we were clean in that area!) and 18 minutes later, Stella arrived and boy did she have a healthy set of lungs!
I was so happy with this delivery compared to my delivery with Brooks. I was so out of it for Brooks' and went through Stella's so clearly, it was pretty amazing and emotional. We left the hospital the next day and arrived home around 1 pm. I was obviously still very sore and weak but it felt so good to be home and it was also good for Brooks. His first visit to the hospital he was a little shy about this new baby, but came around by day 2 and his love continues to grow each day. He loves kissing Stella on her head and is always checking on her when she is in the swing or in her crib. He is already protecting her, it's adorable! So there's the story and now for some pictures!
Daddy and his princess
Brooks loving holding his sister
Napping in the swing
Tiff, she is so precious! I am so glad that her labor and delivery went so well. I will be praying for you guys as you adapt to a family of 4. Blessings your way!
ReplyDeleteLove hearing good stories like this for us future mamas!! Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great labor!! I hope mine is like this :) She's beautiful and I can't wait to meet her!!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to meet her!! LOVE the story..sounds like it went PERFECTLY!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteKaren Forsythe